These are our tips for ensuring your lingerie, nightwear and swimwear from Bodas lasts as long as possible (please always read the label on your individual pieces though!)
- Always use cool water. 30 or less. It shocks Lycra into giving back some elasticity, improving the strength and stretch.
- Do not use fabric conditioner. A mild solution of white vinegar added to a hand or machine wash will add softness without causing the damage to the fabric that conditioners do.
- Stain removal. Soak or wash the item as quickly as possible (stains are far harder to remove once dry) and then wash in the usual way.
- Never use a tumble dryer. They ruin fabrics, fade colours and shrink lingerie.
- To ensure your lingerie maintains it shape, quality and condition, it is important that it is washed regularly in the right way.
- Like clothes, if you treat your lingerie well it will last longer. Hand wash in cool water with a mild detergent, swish around a few times and dry flat. Hand washing will extend the lifespan of your bras – if you do use the washing machine use a delicate cycle and a lingerie bag.
- Wash your bras at a minimum every 3 wears (– those wears should not be in a row!) Rotate your bras to avoid excessive stretching.
- Dry flat or on a line. Never use a tumble dryer.
- To dry a bra when you are in a hurry, try using a salad spinner! It’s quick, efficient and won’t ruin your lingerie like a tumble dryer.
- Let your bras breathe between wears. Bras have a real job to do – they support your bust every day. If you give them a day or two between wears, it will allow the fabric time to readjust back to a more supportive state.
- Store bras behind one another in a drawer, as if they are spooning. Moulded cups should never be inverted.
- Always rinse your swimwear in clean water after each use to remove sun creams, salt or chlorine. This is the surest method for prolonging its life.
- To remove the smell of chlorine or suncreams simply add ¼ cup of white vinegar to a basin full of tepid water and soak for 30 mins before hand washing (below).
- Hand wash with a mild detergent. Rinse well, squeeze out water. Do not wring or twist as this will stress the elastic and reduce longevity
- Dry flat or on a line.
- Fold and store in a drawer as you would your lingerie
NIGHTWEAR AND COTTON TEES
- All our cotton nightwear can be washed in the machine at either 30 degrees or on a delicates setting.
- Always dry flat or on a line. Avoid tumble drying as this can damage fabric and cause shrinkage.
- Iron with a warm iron.